Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Tomato Spinach Tortellini Soup

I started a Biggest Loser Challenge at work today and wanted to make something special for day 1. I've seen lots of Tomato Tortellini Soup and Spinach Tortellini Soup recipes that looked really good so I made myself a combo! I wish I would have taken a photo while it was still in the pot but I was very anxious to try some so here is what the individual lunch portion looks like.

Here's how I did it. It's really easy but trust me it's great! And perfect for how cold it is right now.

2 14 oz cans vegetable broth
2 10.5 oz cans tomato soup (condensed)
1 teaspoon onion flakes
9 oz package cheese tortellini
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
2 big handfuls of clean fresh spinach, stems removed and chopped roughly
Salt to taste
Black Pepper to taste

Boil the broth, soup, onion flakes, salt and pepper.
Add the tortellini and cook for 12 minutes
Add spinach and parmesan and cook for about 5 more minutes until the spinach is wilted.
Makes 4 servings 1.5 cups each

No comments:

Post a Comment