Wednesday, January 5, 2011

If You Wanna Be Happy for the Rest of Your Lives.....

open this link (in a new window...i promise it's "safe" it's youtube for gods sake)....then go back and read this post while the happy song plays...please forgive me for not knowing how to play songs in our new baby blog.


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAciyg8SyrE&NR=1

ahem ahem...clink clink.


hello.  our names are andrea and kenyson and contradicting the current song of choice we are indeed very pretty women...yet we are addicted to food blogs....so here goes our story.....

ahem, ahem....let us start our uncomfortable Food Blog Anonymous  introductions.....

(andrea
Hello, my name is Andrea and I am addicted to food blogs....I cannot get enough.   I read food blogs, food magazines, Cook Books, watch Food Channels on TV like they are going out of style...at a very fast and furious pace (remember z. cavaricci anyone??? and I am positive anyone reading this who is ages 29-41 and grew up in NJ/NY area absolutely knows what z. cavaricci is!!!! don't kid yourselves people)   

The reward I receive from the enormous amount of hours I spend on these food blog/tv show/book etc????  when a friend says "are you some super chef that we didn't realize??? everything you make is fabulous."  (thank you Michelle G who inspired this grand blog idea NYE of 2010/2011) And that my friend is e-nough....I eat it up like the eager to please puppy getting treats for sitting like the "good girl" that I am. 

So...basically I stalk peruse the many food blogs/magazines, TV shows, websites. etc that are available to the mass public on a semi/multi/regular daily basis...I pick what would best suit my vegetarian, full time working-from home mama who is slowly but surely loosing what is left of her mind, with two small-ish children and a husband who complains that "he never eats the same meal twice" (waaah waaaah) family-- and I replicate and tweak when needed....and.....un-tooting my own shiny bright Kelly green/mustard yellow (my favorite two colors or the moment) horn...they usually turn out quite fabulously.

I admit,my "upper of choice" would have to be appetizers...they are my FAAAAAAVORITE food.  If I had to choose ONE type of drug food to live on for the remainder of my years it would absolutely, 100%, no questions asked..... be appetizers....can you feel the addiction love?  I am like Cher in the movie "mermaids" circa 1990- with her "appetizers only menus."  This realization inspired my choice for the opening song to our blog...bc really...who doesn't want to be happy for the rest of their lives????  And let me warn you....kenyson and I have our fare share of HAPPY songs to un-leash on your a$$....so be warned.


not only does she hold a pocketful of happy songs she also holds an artillery of super sweet, sugary, oh so yummy recipes to share she also has, what I consider a super sweet mid-western accent...so hold on to your seats ladies and gents....here my is my friend and co-worker, and most importantly.... the only person on the face of the earth who shares my love of food blogs the way only I (we) do ..drum roll please....Kenyson...introduce your sweet sugary goodness to our following...as I sit down and have a bite of my brie en croute smothered in sweet honey....

xoxo
andrea




 

!








No comments:

Post a Comment